Why Join the Baby Day Movement?
- The first day back after maternity leave
- Your child’s school Valentine’s party
- The day of your big work presentation when you get a call from your child’s school saying that she is sick and needs to be picked up immediately
- Scrambling to find affordable, quality child care for your newborn before your parental leave runs out
All of these scenarios are common struggles for parents in today’s workforce. The good news is that new studies have shown that workplace environments are shifting to better accommodate working families because companies of all sizes are becoming more aware of their employees’ needs.
Research highlights the number one most valued workplace benefit is flexibility. As a result, more and more workers now look for employers who understand that individuals’ personal and professional lives cannot always be distinctly compartmentalized. As more business owners become aware of this development, they have begun to implement a host of family-friendly policies that will help recruit and retain the best possible employees.
From family-friendly workplace initiatives and policies to allowing employees to better balance their obligations at work and home, companies who provide their employees a family-friendly workplace environment also benefit. Workplace flexibility and family-friendly initiatives have been proven to show increased productivity and performance in employees, employee retention, increased attractiveness of the company to potential future employees and more.
As an employer, it is important for your employees to know that they are supported in their role as a parent. Let Baby Day be your vehicle to let the community know that you understand the ongoing balancing act between work life and home life.
How to Join Baby Day
You can make a big impact, even when starting small. Baby steps lead to foundational growth.
Host a drive.
From Health and Wellness (diapers and formula) to Play (puzzles and games) to Brain Development (books) there are so many ways to support those little ones in need. We’ll help you figure out what’s best for your team.
Offer individualized plans that fit your company’s culture.
(Example: Allow your employees to “Bring their Baby to Work”)
Attend An Event.
Partners in cities across Texas have committed creating a day of celebration by hosting the following activities in their cities:
- A special announcement from a local representative
- Baby Friendly Activities and Entertainment at local museums
- Vendor Booths will feature giveaways from local and national brands
- Free Children’s Health Screenings
- Snacks from local partners
- And more!
There are so many ways to support the Baby Day movement. Take the pledge by:
- Becoming a sponsor
- Becoming a donor
- Becoming a partner
- Becoming an advocate. Make your voice count by contacting your policymakers to affect lasting change.
- Becoming a fundraiser. Raise money for First3Years to support our programs
For more information or to get involved contact us directly, Natalie Fellows